Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thing 1: Life Long Learning!

The easiest learning habbit for me would be to have the end in mind. I'm a goal setter. I like to know what I'm working. I like to break things down into steps, so I know that after each step, I'm a little bit closer to my final goal. The hardest learning habbit for me woud be to have confidence in myself as a competent and effective learner. When I'm learning something I always wonder if I'm retaining the right information and if I'm focusing on the real key points. I always seem to get it somehow, but the entire time I wonder if the information I have is correct and if I've used it the right way.

1 comment:

  1. I find the way you described your weakness of being unsure if your are retaining the correct information fascinating. Do you think that might have been a gap in your knowledge of studying that your teachers may have missed when you were in school. I remember a heavy influence on learning context clues and learning from context clues. I really think that helps in all areas of life and learning in any subject. I also remember that there were other students who just never seemed to get it. Should the teacher have doubled back and approached context clues and context learning from a different angle, or given them some supplemental assignments? Do you think that would have helped you?

    ReplyDelete