Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thing 16: Organization is Key!

I chose the iGoogle start page, I liked how simple it was to create it. All I had to do was select my interests and it created the page for me. It allowed me to see the news, weather, humor and social media all at once. I don't think I will use this as my start page on my personal computer, but it would be a useful source for my future classroom computer.

Online calendars are super useful! If you create an online calendar, no matter where you are, you can see what you've planned. So if you leave your computer somewhere, you can access your calendar from your phone or another computer. Also, online calendars are great for teachers because if they are at home trying to plan for next week but they cannot remember what's going on, they can just log onto their online calendar and check it!

The online to do lists can be helpful, but a little too much work. If I'm going to make a do to list, I prefer to write it out and be able to see it and check each item off. This gives me just a little satisfaction that I've accomplished something on my list. They could be useful maybe for students who are working on a project and need to make sure they get each part done. They could create a to do list and make sure they accomplish each step.

The sticky notes tool could be used by teachers at home and at school. This tool would allow teachers to make notes or reminders for their school work, papers they need to grade or parents they need to call. They could also use it for personal reminders and put to do lists on them for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment