Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thing 13: Zoho Writer!

Zoho writer is a great web based application that allows you to do many things to better your papers or reports. A few of the interesting features of Zoho writer I liked were the upload/download tool, format painter and collaboration tools. The upload/download tool I thought was useful because it allows you to upload documents from the computer, other sources or by email to be edited by the Zoho tools. The second tool that I liked was the format painter, this tool allows you to apply the formatting of one section of a document to another section or the entire document. The last tool that I chose was the collaboration tool. I really liked this tool because it allows people to share documents with another person or group. The entire group can edit the document at the same time.
Students could use the collaboration tool in Google Docs in many different ways. Students who are working on a project together can share documents, pictures and spreadsheets between each other. This allows everyone to share the work equally. Studends could also use the collaboration tool to peer review each other's papers and leave comments.
 
I would prefer to use Zoho writer because I thought it was easier to use.All of the tools were clearly explained and listed. Google docs was somewhat confusing. It was vey hard for me to figure out how to share the drawing I created. I had to switch to the old view of Google docs to figure out how even work anything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment